Arch. Myriam B. Mahiques Curriculum Vitae

Thursday, June 28, 2012

The collapse of the tower in the movie "Ironclad"

Rochester Castle. A shot of the movie Ironclad. Google images

Yesterday I've watched the epic movie "Ironclad". I love epic movies showing the architecture of medieval times, and I'm not going to write a review, you can find many on line.
I was particularly impressed by the collapse of the castle of Rochester's tower and the way the king's soldier did it. Pigs are brought to the cellar (they say foundation), below the tower, and they are burnt alive. Why pigs? Because their fat keeps the fire burning.
The raised floor is collapsed and in consequence, the tower. I took some screen shots from my  computer to show the interesting effect:





And here, I'm sharing two pictures from the movie's blog, showing the construction of the castle.


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails