Arch. Myriam B. Mahiques Curriculum Vitae

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pictures of the Cristo Redentor: the restoration works


I´m sharing these wonderful pictures of the restoration works at the Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer) in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, from the link below, which also has a brief explanation in Spanish.


I was lucky to see it myself, long years ago, 1987, in a vacation trip to Brasil, and it´s amazing.
That´s weird that today I have some patches of memories, but they are not focused on the Christ, but on the Corcovado Morro where it stands, and I can also remember the beautiful design of sidewalks, the exuberant vegetation in the morros, the artisans´ fair, the religious objects left in some corners, the happiness of people singing and playing drums, the bright white sands, and the sun, so hot to burn the skin. For some reason, though I was already an architect, I didn´t pay too much attention to the colorful slums, maybe I was too busy enjoying the vacation.
I hope I could go back some day and enjoy the city as an architect, not a tourist!









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails